MBA Summer Associate
Who We Are
RippleWorks Foundation helps the world’s fastest growing social ventures solve their most critical scaling challenge. RippleWorks connects leading expertise from Silicon Valley and the larger tech sector with social ventures for short-term, high-impact volunteer projects that unlock the ventures’ capacity for growth.
RippleWorks is a private foundation with a cryptocurrency-based endowment that is dedicated to driving innovative social impact, through the support of Ripple and its co-founder Chris Larsen. RippleWorks has worked on 50+ projects since launching in May 2015, and will significantly scale its portfolio. Examples of our projects include:
- Slack’s Chief Security Officer worked with M-Kopa to strengthen its data security. M-Kopa has brought affordable electricity to more than 500,000 homes across Africa.
- Square’s Head of Growth worked with Tienda Pago to improve customer engagement. Tienda Pago’s platform empowers small businesses across Latin America to see a 20-30% increase in sales.
- Facebook’s former VP of HR worked with IDEO.org, a poverty-fighting design firm, to reimagine its recruiting strategy. IDEO.org’s portfolio of projects include financial health education, clean water & sanitation, and accessible healthcare.
RippleWorks is hiring for an MBA Summer Associate (paid) to spend the summer driving new initiatives that will further support high-potential social ventures in scaling their impact. With RippleWorks growing our team, there is always the potential that a Summer Associate will join full-time upon graduation.
Specific projects the Summer Associate will lead include:
- Conduct a landscape analysis of sectors or regions that RippleWorks will consider for projects or investing (i.e. grants, debt, other) to drive RippleWorks’ strategy in supporting new sectors and regions.
- Design and create internal tools to assess a startup’s readiness to scale a particular operational function (eg: sales, product, marketing, etc) by working closely with RippleWorks Experts (senior leaders in tech). The tools will be used by RippleWorks and RippleWorks Experts to better scope and plan projects to maximize value for ventures.
- Lead interviews with social ventures to gather insights on how RippleWorks can optimize for project success and maximized value, including synthesizing and analyzing findings to provide actionable recommendations.
- Support RippleWorks’ new Blockchain for Good initiative by promoting thought leadership and knowledge sharing through content, events, and convenings.
You are known to be a driving force in an entrepreneurial organization, and are building a career on being a details-oriented problem solver. You are both a strategic thinker and a tactical do-er, and you get excited when you deeply learn about new topics and solve problems that matter.
You are the best at what you do, and you make your teammates better. You are an influencer, and committed to driving good decisions with a diverse set of stakeholders. You move quickly, despise bureaucracy, and are known to play a practical joke every once in awhile (or all the time).