Head of Talent
Who We Are
Rippleworks Foundation brings the practical support entrepreneurs need to scale faster and improve more lives. Rippleworks partners high-growth social ventures around the world with leading startup expertise from Silicon Valley and the larger US tech sector.
Rippleworks leads short-term, high-impact projects where ventures tackle their top operational challenges to growth, all while developing new skills. Since launching in 2015, Rippleworks has worked on 80+ projects with social ventures across 59 countries, empowering entrepreneurial teams that are improving the lives of more than 201 million people.
Examples of our projects include:
- Slack’s Chief Security Officer worked with M-Kopa to strengthen its data security. M-Kopa has brought affordable electricity to more than 630,000 homes across Africa.
- Square’s Head of Growth worked with Tienda Pago to improve customer engagement. Tienda Pago’s platform empowers small businesses across Latin America to see a 20-30% increase in sales.
- Facebook’s former VP of HR worked with IDEO.org, a poverty-fighting design firm, to reimagine its recruiting strategy. IDEO.org’s portfolio of projects include financial health education, clean water & sanitation, and accessible healthcare.
Rippleworks also supports ventures with hard-to-find capital required for scale (grants and investments in the $1M-$5M range), and through its Insights Initiative, which provides learning experiences for social ventures to bring them the frameworks, resources, tools they need to grow their business.
The Head of Talent will lead recruiting efforts for the Rippleworks Expert Network, placing volunteer experts (senior Silicon Valley executives) into Rippleworks projects. This person will drive the strategy, search, and placement of projects by identifying, engaging, and evaluating senior leaders throughout the tech sector. This is an integral position within Rippleworks requiring deep expertise in talent and human capital within the social enterprise sector.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead the development of the Rippleworks Expert Network, a diverse community of senior tech leaders who are motivated to give back with their time and skills
- Work closely with social ventures to scope and shape engagements around their most immediate operational challenges to scale (such as technology scaling, customer growth strategy, and human capital)
- Drive the search and selection of experts by crafting target profiles for each project and using the defined search requirements to identify and connect with potential experts
- Be a leading voice and thought leader on how social ventures can best leverage talent to build their business and grow their impact. You will share insights and expertise by speaking at industry events, leading interactive workshops, and working directly with CEOs of social ventures.
- You thrive in energizing and mobilizing people, especially towards making a positive impact around the world and in their own lives
- You are passionate about combining your interpersonal savvy and entrepreneurial energy to drive social impact and tackle problems that matter
- You bring deep expertise and networks in the social enterprise sector and have a proven track record of leading thinking in the space
- You have on the ground experience driving talent strategy globally, including Sub Saharan Africa or Latin America
- You are known for maintaining exceptional quality of work while operating at a high speed
- You are known to play a practical joke every once in a while (or all the time)
- 7+ years experience advising CEOs and executive teams on talent and recruitment in the social enterprise field in globally, including Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America.
- 7+ years of experience with full-cycle recruiting OR employee engagement in the social enterprise sector
- Authentic relationship builder with a track record of strong candidate/client engagement and maintaining close relationships with executive-level leaders
- Skillful experience in working closely with hiring teams to identify needs, shape new roles, and identify target candidate profiles
- Demonstrated experience using data & analytics to make recruiting better, smarter, more efficient
- Strong track record of solving complex problems, designing creative strategies, and delivering significant impact as a manager and a leader
What We Offer
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, with competitive benefits: Medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K + employer match, charitable donation match, parking & commuter allowance, and more
- Be inspired by meaningful work: You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis
- Travel the world: Everyone at Rippleworks has the opportunity for at least one international working trip a year to see our impact in the field
- A culture that values personal & professional growth: Weekly team lunches, monthly Lunch & Learns, monthly team-building offsites, regular team celebrations (birthdays, milestones, anniversaries, holidays). We also eat a lot of popsicles (find out why).
- A diverse and inclusive workplace that actively seeks and attracts people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives
- Fun work perks: Rippleworks team members enjoy perks that add a little special touch to time spent inside and outside the office, including premium accounts for Spotify and Headspace, and discounts to various hotels, restaurants, and activities
- A team of friends: We are highly collaborative team that values local adventures, good jokes, and debating where to go to lunch