Venture Growth Manager
Who We Are
Rippleworks Foundation brings the practical support entrepreneurs need to scale faster and improve more lives. Rippleworks partners high-growth social ventures around the world with leading startup expertise from Silicon Valley and the larger US tech sector.
Rippleworks leads short-term, high-impact projects where ventures tackle their top operational challenges to growth, all while developing new skills. Since launching in 2015, Rippleworks has worked on 80+ projects with social ventures across 59 countries, empowering entrepreneurial teams that are improving the lives of more than 201 million people.
Examples of our projects include:
- Slack’s Chief Security Officer worked with M-Kopa to strengthen its data security. M-Kopa has brought affordable electricity to more than 630,000 homes across Africa.
- Square’s Head of Growth worked with Tienda Pago to improve customer engagement. Tienda Pago’s platform empowers small businesses across Latin America to see a 20-30% increase in sales.
- Facebook’s former VP of HR worked with IDEO.org, a poverty-fighting design firm, to reimagine its recruiting strategy. IDEO.org’s portfolio of projects include financial health education, clean water & sanitation, and accessible healthcare.
Rippleworks also supports ventures with hard-to-find capital required for scale (grants and investments in the $1M-$5M range), and through its Insights Initiative, which provides learning experiences for social ventures to bring them the frameworks, resources, tools they need to grow their business.
You will manage diverse, virtual teams across emerging markets on short-term high-impact projects. You will work directly with CEOs of top social ventures and C-suite executives from top Silicon Valley firms to solve the startup’s toughest scaling challenge.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage 5 – 6 projects concurrently with social ventures and highly motivated C-suite executives from top Silicon Valley firms, for a portfolio of about 13 startups and nonprofits per year
- Build diverse, virtual teams comprised of high-functioning individuals who will collaborate in a fast-paced environment
- Manage a team to solve startups’ top scaling challenges across critical business functions (engineering, product, marketing, data science, human capital, operations etc) that are critical for growth
- Be a thought partner to executives with your own point of view on the venture’s challenges and how the project team can solve them in the short-term
- Gain a deep understanding of operational challenges faced by fast-growth social ventures, and how to best solve these challenges through Rippleworks' portfolio of 50 projects per year
- Capture and build out learnings from projects to share with social ventures around the world
- Improve, create, and drive new approaches to solve social ventures' operational challenges
You believe that one person can make a difference and are inspired to build a career that drives social impact. You are curious and will stop at nothing to solve the problem at hand. You have high emotional intelligence, you are passionate about building great teams, and you understand how to influence and motivate. You take pride in being able to manage to success while being in over your head. You are detail oriented, well-organized, and sweat the small stuff. You are known to pull pranks every once in a while (or, all the time).
Specifically, you have the following experience:
- 6+ years of experience in one or more of these roles:
- Experience leading strategic initiatives, i.e. serving as Chief of Staff
- Product management
- Project management within a startup or a scrappy, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated ability to create, build, and manage cross-functional projects and teams that bring tangible results
- Proven track record of working closely with executives, effectively holding them accountable and acting as thought partners
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain authentic relationships with key stakeholders
- Passion for entrepreneurship and social impact
- MBA or other higher graduate degree preferred but not required
What We Offer
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, with competitive benefits: Medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K + employer match, charitable donation match, parking & commuter allowance, and more
- Be inspired by meaningful work: You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis
- Travel the world: Everyone at Rippleworks has the opportunity for at least one international working trip a year to see our impact in the field
- A culture that values personal & professional growth: Weekly team lunches, monthly Lunch & Learns, monthly team-building offsites, regular team celebrations (birthdays, milestones, anniversaries, holidays). We also eat a lot of popsicles (find out why).
- A diverse and inclusive workplace that actively seeks and attracts people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives
- Fun work perks: Rippleworks team members enjoy perks that add a little special touch to time spent inside and outside the office, including premium accounts for Spotify and Headspace, and discounts to various hotels, restaurants, and activities
- A team of friends: We are a highly collaborative team that values local adventures, good jokes, and debating where to go to lunch