Head of Talent Engagement
Who We Are
RippleWorks Foundation helps the world’s fastest growing social ventures solve their most critical scaling challenge. RippleWorks connects leading expertise from Silicon Valley and the larger tech sector with social ventures for short-term, high-impact volunteer projects that unlock the ventures’ capacity for growth.
RippleWorks is a private foundation with a cryptocurrency-based endowment dedicated to driving innovative social impact, through the support of Ripple and its co-founder Chris Larsen. RippleWorks has worked on 50 projects since launching in May 2015, and will significantly scale its portfolio. Examples of our projects include:
- Slack’s Chief Security Officer worked with M-Kopa to strengthen its data security. M-Kopa has brought affordable electricity to more than 500,000 homes across Africa.
- Square’s Head of Growth worked with Tienda Pago to improve customer engagement. Tienda Pago’s platform empowers small businesses across Latin America to see 20-30% increases in sales.
- Facebook’s former VP of HR worked with IDEO.org, a poverty-fighting design firm, to reimagine its recruiting strategy. IDEO.org’s portfolio of projects include financial health education, clean water & sanitation, and accessible healthcare.
The Head of Talent Engagement will lead the RippleWorks Expert Network, specifically by engaging and mobilizing volunteer experts (executive-level advisers) through RippleWorks projects. This person will drive the strategy, search, and placement of projects by identifying, engaging, and evaluating senior leaders throughout the tech sector.
The Head of Talent Engagement will also lead the strategic growth of the Expert Network to design how to best source, engage, and place tech leaders into volunteer projects.
Specifically, you will:
- Drive the growth of the RippleWorks Expert Network, a diverse community of top tech leaders who are motivated to give back with their time and skills
- Collaborate with social ventures to shape engagements around their most immediate operational challenges to scale (such as digital marketing, product management, and sales strategy) and identify target profiles of potential experts
- Connect with and engage high-powered experts to attract them to RippleWorks projects that provide meaningful, manageable opportunities to drive social impact with their expertise
- Drive the strategy and execution of RippleWorks’ expert recruiting operations to meet the scale of RippleWorks’ project portfolio
- You are passionate about connecting, energizing, and mobilizing people, especially towards making a positive impact around the world and in their own lives
- You are passionate about combining your interpersonal savvy and entrepreneurial energy to drive social impact and tackle problems that matter
- You are known for maintaining exceptional quality of work while operating at a high speed
- You are known to play a practical joke every once in a while (or all the time)
- Authentic relationship builder and influencer with a track record of maintaining close relationships with executive-level leaders
- Demonstrated understanding of the various needs within a growing business
- Strong track record of solving complex problems, designing creative strategies, and delivering significant impact as a manager and a leader
- Skillful experience in working closely with teams to identify needs, shape new roles, and identify target candidate profiles
- Proven collaborator and business partner to growing teams within a company
- Private-sector salary commensurate with experience
- At least one international working trip a year
- See and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis
- Weekly team lunches, monthly Lunch & Learns, monthly team-building offsites, regular team celebrations (birthdays, milestones, anniversaries, holidays)
- Medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K with employer matching, commuter benefits, donation matching, and other company benefits
- Join a highly collaborative, experienced team that values personal & professional growth, local adventures, and debating over where to go to lunch