Global Content Program Lead
Who We Are
Rippleworks Foundation brings the practical support entrepreneurs need to scale faster and improve more lives. Rippleworks partners high-growth social ventures around the world with leading startup expertise from Silicon Valley and the larger US tech sector.
Rippleworks leads short-term, high-impact projects where ventures tackle their top operational challenges to growth, all while developing new skills. Since launching in 2015, Rippleworks has worked on 100+ projects with social ventures across 59 countries, empowering entrepreneurial teams that are improving the lives of more than 216 million people.
Examples of our projects include:
- Slack’s Chief Security Officer worked with M-Kopa to strengthen its data security. M-Kopa has brought affordable electricity to more than 630,000 homes across Africa.
- Square’s Head of Growth worked with Tienda Pago to improve customer engagement. Tienda Pago’s platform empowers small businesses across Latin America to see a 20-30% increase in sales.
- Facebook’s former VP of HR worked with IDEO.org, a poverty-fighting design firm, to reimagine its recruiting strategy. IDEO.org’s portfolio of projects include financial health education, clean water & sanitation, and accessible healthcare.
Rippleworks also supports ventures with hard-to-find capital required for scale (grants and investments in the $1M-$5M range), and through its Insights program, which provides learning experiences for social ventures to bring them the frameworks, resources, tools they need to grow their business.
Rippleworks Insights provides social ventures the practical learning experiences they need to help grow their entrepreneurial skills that will ultimately drive their social impact. The Global Content Program Lead will play a critical role in building the program from the ground up to bring engaging and practically valuable content that helps social ventures grow their business and impact.
The Global Content Program Lead will create learning experiences to help drive social impact around the world: workshops, webinars, digital toolkits, and articles for the world's fastest growing, most impactful ventures. The Global Content Program Lead will partner with Rippleworks Experts (leading Silicon Valley executives) to share valuable frameworks, tools, and resources across key topics, such as marketing, sales, data science, and product management.
As part of launching and growing the Insights program, the Global Content Program Lead will have a formative role in ideating, experimenting, prototyping ways to deliver valuable content to social ventures as we work to maximize our impact.
- You excel at creating compelling, engaging content across a variety of mediums, such as webinars, how-to guides, and in-person workshops
- You bring insatiable curiosity every day, especially when it comes to learning about things you had little exposure to previously
- You are a strong writer who can write for multiple audiences. You take pride in the voice you bring to your writing, everything from short emails to longform articles.
- You are an entrepreneur at heart, and you get excited about the opportunity to build from the ground up. You thrive on the freedom to test new ideas, and you learn the most by prototyping quickly to get rapid feedback.
- You like to move quickly and work well on frequent, on-going deadlines
- You are known to pull pranks every once in a while (or all the time)
- 5+ years working in instructional design or learning experience design or content development, such as webinars, workshops, how-to guides, or articles
- Strong writing track record bringing an engaging, lively voice to create a diverse portfolio of content
- Startup experience, or hands-on exposure to entrepreneurial environments
- Demonstrated ability to learn new business concepts (ranging from marketing, sales, technology, product, human resources), and communicate them effectively to audiences
- A fire to solve problems that matter and a passion for mission-driven work
What We Offer
- Don't take a paycut to do good in the world! We offer competitive salary and bonus commensurate with experience, with competitive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, and short term + long term disability insurance, 401K + employer match, parking & commuter allowance, unlimited PTO, wellness/self-care stipends, Spotify and Headspace premium accounts, phone bill coverage, and more
- Be inspired by meaningful work: You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis
- Travel the world: Everyone at Rippleworks has the opportunity for at least one international working trip a year to see our impact in the field, and our "Study Abroad" benefits program empowers team members to spend extra personal time experiencing different parts of the world as part of their working trips
- Kickstart your lifelong journey of giving back: We provide a $2,500 charitable donation match for financial and volunteer hour contributions, and have a Community Grants program where team members each nominate local community nonprofits for $50,000 grants
- A culture that values personal & professional growth: We provide an external professional coach for every team member who wants one and a learning budget to put towards professional development. We also hold monthly Lunch & Learns, weekly team lunches, monthly team-building offsites, regular team celebrations (birthdays, milestones, anniversaries, holidays). We also eat a lot of popsicles (find out why).
- A diverse and inclusive workplace that actively seeks and attracts people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives
- A team of friends: We are a highly collaborative team that values local adventures, good jokes, and debating where to go to lunch