Content Marketing Lead
Who We Are
Rippleworks Foundation brings the practical support entrepreneurs need to scale faster and improve more lives. Rippleworks partners high-growth social ventures around the world with leading startup expertise from Silicon Valley and the larger US tech sector.
Rippleworks leads short-term, high-impact projects where ventures tackle their top operational challenges to growth, all while developing new skills. Since launching in 2015, Rippleworks has worked on 80+ projects with social ventures across 59 countries, empowering entrepreneurial teams that are improving the lives of more than 201 million people.
Examples of our projects include:
- Slack’s Chief Security Officer worked with M-Kopa to strengthen its data security. M-Kopa has brought affordable electricity to more than 630,000 homes across Africa.
- Square’s Head of Growth worked with Tienda Pago to improve customer engagement. Tienda Pago’s platform empowers small businesses across Latin America to see a 20-30% increase in sales.
- Facebook’s former VP of HR worked with IDEO.org, a poverty-fighting design firm, to reimagine its recruiting strategy. IDEO.org’s portfolio of projects include financial health education, clean water & sanitation, and accessible healthcare.
Rippleworks also supports ventures with hard-to-find capital required for scale (grants and investments in the $1M-$5M range), and through its Insights Initiative, which provides learning experiences for social ventures to bring them the frameworks, resources, tools they need to grow their business.
The Content Marketing Lead will play a formative role in building Rippleworks’ Insights Initiative to bring engaging and practically useful content to help social ventures grow their business and impact.
Social ventures across the world need access to practical learnings to help grow their entrepreneurial skills. The Content Marketing Lead will be responsible for developing resources to help ventures learn the entrepreneurial business skills they need to solve their day-to-day business challenges. This person will partner with Rippleworks Experts (leading Silicon Valley executives) to share valuable frameworks, tools, and resources across key topics, such as marketing, sales, data science, and product.
Specifically, the Content Marketing Lead will:
- Create content that matters. You will create articles, webinars, workshops, digital toolkits, web pages, and email campaigns to help social ventures scale their impact. (Like this article on how social ventures can leverage strategic finance)
- Tell inspiring stories. You will share compelling stories about the inspiring social ventures Rippleworks supports as we use digital marketing to expand our programs. (Like this story about one of our Experts)
- Own strategic direction. You will set and own the strategy for how content can best be delivered to social ventures in various stages and markets to maximize our impact, including goals, success metrics, and project plans.
- You excel at creating compelling, engaging content across a variety of mediums, such as webinars, how-to guides, and in-person workshops
- You are a strong writer who can write for multiple audiences. You take pride in the voice you bring to your writing, everything from short emails to longform articles.
- You bring insatiable curiosity every day, especially when it comes to learning about things you had little exposure to previously
- You are an entrepreneur at heart, and you get excited about the opportunity to build from the ground up. You thrive on the freedom to test out new ideas, and you learn the most by prototyping quickly to get rapid feedback.
- You like to move quickly and work well on frequent, on-going deadlines
- You are known to pull pranks every once in a while (or all the time)
- 5+ years of marketing experience in content development / strategy, copywriting, journalism or equivalent experience
- Proven track record as a prolific writer who can create a diverse portfolio of content
- Demonstrated ability to bring an engaging, lively voice to writing and storytelling
- Startup experience, or hands-on exposure to entrepreneurial environments
- Demonstrated ability to learn new business concepts (ranging from marketing, sales, technology, product, human resources), and communicate them effectively to audiences
- A fire to solve problems that matter and a passion for mission-driven work
What We Offer
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, with competitive benefits: Medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K + employer match, charitable donation match, parking & commuter allowance, and more
- Be inspired by meaningful work: You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis
- Travel the world: Everyone at Rippleworks has the opportunity for at least one international working trip a year to see our impact in the field
- A culture that values personal & professional growth: Weekly team lunches, monthly Lunch & Learns, monthly team-building offsites, regular team celebrations (birthdays, milestones, anniversaries, holidays). We also eat a lot of popsicles (find out why).
- A diverse and inclusive workplace that actively seeks and attracts people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives
- Fun work perks: Rippleworks team members enjoy perks that add a little special touch to time spent inside and outside the office, including premium accounts for Spotify and Headspace, and discounts to various hotels, restaurants, and activities
- A team of friends: We are a highly collaborative team that values local adventures, good jokes, and debating where to go to lunch