MBA Summer Associate
Who We Are
Rippleworks Foundation brings the practical support entrepreneurs need to scale faster and improve more lives. Rippleworks partners high-growth social ventures around the world with leading startup expertise from Silicon Valley and the larger US tech sector.
Rippleworks manages short-term, high-impact projects where ventures are able to tackle their top operational challenges to growth, all while developing new skills. Since launching in 2015, Rippleworks has worked on 75+ projects with social ventures across 55 countries, empowering entrepreneurial teams that are improving the lives of more than 250 million people.
Examples of our projects include:
- Slack’s Chief Security Officer worked with M-Kopa to strengthen its data security. M-Kopa has brought affordable electricity to more than 630,000 homes across Africa.
- Square’s Head of Growth worked with Tienda Pago to improve customer engagement. Tienda Pago’s platform empowers small businesses across Latin America to see a 20-30% increase in sales.
- Facebook’s former VP of HR worked with IDEO.org, a poverty-fighting design firm, to reimagine its recruiting strategy. IDEO.org’s portfolio of projects include financial health education, clean water & sanitation, and accessible healthcare.
Rippleworks also supports ventures with hard-to-find capital required for scale (grants and investments in the $1M-$8M range), and through its Insights Initiative, which provides content and learning experiences for social ventures to access the frameworks, resources, tools they need to grow their business.
Rippleworks is hiring an MBA Associate to drive new initiatives that will further support high-potential social ventures scale their impact. With Rippleworks growing our team, there is always the potential that a Summer Associate will join full-time upon graduation.
The Summer MBA Associate will spend the summer working on high-value projects that span across Rippleworks’ core programs, especially with the newly launched Insights Initiative. The selected projects will align with the MBA Associate’s interests and Rippleworks’ strategic priorities, providing immediate and substantial impact to social ventures.
You are known to be a driving force in an entrepreneurial organization, and are building a career on being a details-oriented problem solver. You are inspired to build a career that drives social impact, and you get excited when you deeply learn about new topics and solve problems that matter.
You are the best at what you do, and you make your teammates better. You are an influencer, and committed to driving good decisions with a diverse set of stakeholders. You move quickly, despise bureaucracy, and are known to play a practical joke every once in awhile (or all the time).
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation for 10-12 weeks of work based in our Redwood City office
- A diverse and inclusive workplace that actively seeks people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives
- Deep, hands-on exposure into the global field of social ventures across multiple geographies and sectors
- Being able to see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis
- A highly collaborative, experienced team that values personal & professional growth, local adventures, and debating over where to go to lunch