Venture Growth Manager
Who We Are
RippleWorks Foundation helps the world’s fastest growing social ventures solve their most critical scaling challenge. RippleWorks connects leading expertise from Silicon Valley and the larger tech sector with social ventures for short-term, high-impact volunteer projects that unlock the ventures’ capacity for growth.
RippleWorks has worked on 45 projects since launching in May 2015, including:
- Slack’s Chief Security Officer helping a solar venture in Kenya strengthen its data security
- Square’s Head of Growth helping a FinTech venture in Latin America improve customer engagement
- Facebook’s former VP of HR helping a poverty-fighting design firm reimagine its recruiting strategy
The Venture Growth Manager will directly help high-growth social ventures scale by driving and leading our projects. You will work directly with CEOs of top social ventures and senior tech leaders to drive these projects to success. You will tackle the ventures’ most immediate scaling challenge and gain practical knowledge and skills on critical areas required for growth, such as digital marketing, product management, and sales strategy.
Your hands-on approach to solving these challenges will help companies build permanent capabilities to drive inspiring, meaningful social impact. This is an ideal role for anyone who wants to learn what it takes to become an operational leader at a high-growth startup.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide critical thought partnership and project management, being the owner of the success and execution within each project
- Become skillfully knowledgeable about what it takes for a high-growth venture to scale, tangibly learning about key business functions
- Create project plans and milestones, hold stakeholders accountable, and lead weekly meetings
- Cultivate a top-tier network by forming personal relationships with CEOs of social ventures and senior tech leaders
- Take on stretch projects and tackle new opportunities beyond your “day” job to unlock your potential and advance RippleWorks’ mission
- Play a pivotal part in forming RippleWorks’ strategy, growth, and team culture
You are a driving force in an entrepreneurial organization, and are building a career on being a details-oriented problem solver. You are both a strategic thinker and a tactical do-er, and you get excited when you deeply learn about new topics and solve problems that matter.
You are the best at what you do, and you make your teammates better. You are an influencer, and committed to driving good decisions with a diverse set of stakeholders. You move quickly, despise bureaucracy, and are known to play a practical joke every once in awhile (or all the time).
- 6+ years of experience in one or more of these areas:
- Program / product / project management at a startup or entrepreneurial organization
- Relationship / strategic account management or business development
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead cross-functional projects & teams
- Well-versed with startups and entrepreneurial environments with strong operational knowledge
- Managed relationships with key stakeholders in external organizations
- Proven track record of working closely with executives, effectively holding them accountable and acting as thought partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as experience leading meetings
- Curiosity to learn and solve tough problems in order to help impactful ventures scale
- Private-sector salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K, other standard benefits
- At least one international working trip a year to visit social ventures
- See and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis
- Develop personal relationships with world-class Silicon Valley industry leaders and the next generation of impact-driven entrepreneurs
- Join a highly collaborative, experienced team that values personal & professional growth, local adventures, and debating over where to go to lunch